Thursday, 4 September 2014
The Forum for African Women Educationalists (FAWE) successfully held its 9th General Assembly and elected its new Executive Committee team for August 2014-17 term. The new Chairperson is Prof. Christine Dranzoa, Vice Chancellor - Muni University, Uganda.
The FAWE network members, staff and beneficiaries, are happy to welcome the following new Executive team members of FAWE Africa.
- Chairperson: Prof. Christine Dranzoa (Vice Chancellor Muni University, Uganda)
- Vice-Chairperson : Hon. Lydia Toto Raharimalala (Hon member of Parliament, Madagascar)
- Honorary Treasurer : Prof. Mary Walingo (Vice Chancellor Masai Mara University, Kenya)
- Honorary Secretary : Mrs. Amicoleh Mbaye (Director Basic and Secondary Education, Ministry of Basic & Secondary Education Banjul, The Gambia)
- Executive Committee members
- Hon Mrs. Gahiru Rose - Minister of Education Basic and Secondary Education – Burundi
- Prof. Naana Opoku Agyemang - Hon Minister of Education – Ghana
- Dr. Fay King Chung - FAWE Founding member - based in Zimbabwe
- Mrs. Mwatumu J. Malale - Chancellor Muslim University, Tanzania
- Prof. Rosalie Kama Niamayoua - Former Minister of Education - Congo Brazzaville
- Dr. Alice Tiendrebeogo - FAWE Founding member - based in Burkina Faso
- Senator Mrs. Iyabo Anisulowo - Former Minister of Education - Nigeria
Their global experience and expertise in the field of education and gender equality will strengthen FAWE’s ability to increase the impact of its work in Africa and beyond.
May I also take this opportunity to thank the outgoing Chairperson Hon. Aicha Bah Diallo and all the members of executive team (Hon. Lydia Toto Raharimalala, Prof. Monica Mweseli, Prof. Christine Dranzoa, Hon. Macsuzy Mondon, Dr. Winnie Nhlengethwa, Prof. Fatou Sarr, Prof. Esi Sutherland-Addy, Hon. Paulette Missambo, Mrs. Mwanaidi Abdallah), for the excellent service and volunteering their precious time.
Executive Director, FAWE
Please visit www.fawe.org for regular news updates.